Friday, June 6, 2008

Remembering Becca

A person I met from the Colon Club passed away from colon cancer at 1:30 this morning. She was from Mechanicsburg, PA. She was diagnosed with StageIV colon cancer soon after she gave birth over three years ago and spent her entire time as a mother fighting colon cancer.


Here are the things Becca wanted to do before she moved on:
In no particular order......
1. I want to own my own home.
2. I want to take a trip to Greece.
3. I want to ride a mechanical bull.(No snickering please!)
4. I want to turn 40.
5. I want to take a trip to Alaska.
6. I want to watch my daughter graduate from High School.
7. I want to got back to work. I really miss my job!
8. Though highly unlikely, I would love to have another baby.
9. I want to get a new tattoo to cover the one on my ankle.
10. I want to need a haircut. I had nice hair & I miss it, damn it!
11.I want to see the look on my daughter's face the first time she sees Mickey Mouse in person. (6 weeks & counting!! I can't WAIT!)
12. I want to make sure that every one of my friends & family know exactly how much I love them... really, really love them. (Even if they happen to be a deadbeat with no job.)
13. I want to understand why I got cancer.
14. I want to live long enough to see a cure for cancer.
15. I want to watch my husband graduate from college & become a teacher.
16. I want to fly First Class.
17. I want to kiss my grand babies.
18. I want to take a helicopter into the Grand Canyon.
19. I want to take my daughter to Niagara falls & ride the Maid of the Mist one more time.
20. I want to have stupid fights with my teenage daughter 'cuz we both have PMS.
21. I want to tell my grandchildren what a pain in the ass their mother was when she was a teenager.
22. I want to send my husband on a dream golf vacation because he deserves it, damn it!
23. I want to make sure that my sister-in-law knows what a truly cool sister, Aunt, & God Mother she is.
24. "I'd like to thank the Academy..." (Sorry, had to do it!)
25. I want to make sure that Jen knows that even though she lives so far away I can feel the love & support flowin' to the lower 48!
26. I want to make sure that Tom & Paul know how much I appreciate their love & support even though I don't get over much right now 'cuz I've been feeling so crappy. (And I know how much they LOVE living in PA!)
27. Although I am deathly afraid of heights, I'd really like to ride in a hot air balloon!
28. I want to take a trip to Banff.
29. I've always thought about writing a children's book. Maybe I should just give it a try.
30. I want to see a jazz concert @ Lincoln Center.
31. I want to see Mt. Rushmore.
32. I want to read Tuesday's With Morrie because I'm probably the only person on earth who hasn't read it yet.
33. I want to read The Secret Garden, A Tree Grows In Brooklyn, & Jane Eyre to my daughter just like my mother read them to me.
34. I want to go back to LA & do all the tacky touristy crap that I didn't get to do the last 2 times that I went. Oh yes, I WILL buy a star map...
35. I want to swim in the Gulf of Mexico.
36. I want to go to the San Diego Zoo.
37. I want to learn to ride a horse.
38. I want to see San Fransisco.
39. I want to have lunch with this lady, 'cuz she ROCKS!
40. I want Ty Pennington & his crew to come & fix my mom & dad's house even they make me crazy. They deserve it.
41. I want to watch this over & over again because it's freakin' HILARIOUS! I think I've seen it 20 times & it still gets me!
42. I want to take a carriage ride through Central Park & have dinner at Tavern on the Green.
43. I want to eat sushi in Tokyo.
44. I'd like my steroids to wear off so I can got the hell to bed. I'm really rather tired!

No comments: