Thursday, February 4, 2010

Belfanti joins Phillips and Fairchild on Boot Hill

Rep. Robert Belfanti D-107 will not run for a 16th term as reported in the News-Item. Belfanti who has had major health issues the last few years, has decided he can no longer ignore them.

While his seat his still warm in Harrisburg, Coal Township Commissioner George Zalar and Northumberland County Commissioner Kurt Masser have thrown their respective hats into the ring.

With Reps. Phillips and Fairchild already announcing retirements, Belfanti's retirement puts a huge gaping hole in leadership and seniority in central PA.

With a few other legislators moving on in NEPA, I wonder what the main issue that is looming in Harrisburg?

Personally, I would like thank former Governor Tom Ridge for my back door tax increase for electricity. I got my first bill under deregulation with a 20 percent increase. But hey, I got to choose my supplier and did save 10 percent.

No comments: