Thursday, December 30, 2010

Winding Down 2010

Another year is slowly coming to a close.  Is it a time to reflect.....ponder the future?  Time to make resolutions or find absolution?  I try to not read too much into it.  I think you serve humanity better if you strive to be a better person each day.

It would be nice for a 30 hour day to leave time for more activity other than the daily grind.  I did accomplish one small goal.  With the advent of indoor softball, I got to umpire all 12 months of the year north of the Mason-Dixon line. Not a great feat but it kept me in the game for 12 months.

It was great to mark the 125th anniversary of Transfiguration Church in Shamokin and learn more about my family's heritage.

My 11 and 9 year old sons captured Little League championships in their respective divisions. The championships were nice, but is was nice to see them show leadership in times of adversity and cheer each other.

I had a great time with the cub scouts at Camp K. in Union County.

Little things that don't mean much, but offer a little more upon reflection.  Lift our glass to the little things.

No comments: