Tuesday, January 18, 2011

End of the Line for Floyd Landis




Professional cyclist Floyd Landis decided to call it quits today.  The five year journey trying to get back to the top of cycling is over.

Landis won the 2006 Tour de France with Team Phonak only to be stripped of his title and eventually banned from the sport.

“I've been riding my bike a lot, trying to figure out life, which is the same reason I did it to start with, so I've come full circle. I'll always ride my bike. But I'll never start on a line on a road and try to get to another line on a road faster than another guy. That's over.”
Right now Landis says the sport cannot be fixed, but that isn't his fight.  An investigation in doping allegations against former teammates including Lance Armstrong continues by the people that investing BALCO.

A long fall for an athlete from Lancaster County.

No comments: