Thursday, November 29, 2012

Celebrating My Second Decade of Cancer Survival



On November 29th, 2002, I woke up with symptoms that would lead to my eventual diagnosis and treatment for Stage II colon cancer in 2003.  I had colon resection surgery on December 6th, 2002 followed by a two week hospital stay.  The results of the biopsy were revealed to me that I had Stage II colon cancer.

In honor of celebrating the start of my second decade of cancer survival, I am having 2 fundraising events for the 2013 Shamokin Relay for Life.  I agreed with relay chairwoman, Kathy Masser, that I would emcee the event in June.  The first fundraiser is listed above and modest goal of raising $500.

The second fundraiser involves a little help from some family and friends.  I am asking my friends through Facebook and on here to donate toward one or two baskets of cheer (the more the merrier) and a lottery tree.  Tickets will be sold and chanced off on December 23rd, 2012, the date I received my diagnosis.

I am in the process of negotiating a time and venue that will be announced shortly for the rest of the fundraiser. 

All donations will benefit the Shamokin Relay for Life and American Cancer Society.

No comments: