Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Lance Armstrong Cycles into the Sunset

It was announced today by Armstrong's Foundation Livestrong that Lance Armstrong will retire from competitive cycling and focus on raising his five children and devoting his time to the foundation.

From the press release:

"Today, I am announcing my retirement from professional cycling in order to devote myself full-time to my family, to the fight against cancer and to leading the foundation I established before I won my first Tour de France. "
Back in 2005, I raised money for the fight against cancer being a colon cancer survivor.  Everything went great until that October weekend when it rained 6 inches and the bike ride was cancelled.  Click here to look at the 2005 Tour of Hope.

My hope was to meet George Hincapie that day.

No comments: